PeaceHealth is seeking a Caregiver Injury Prevention Coordinator - Workers Comp for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 171564
Responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, training, maintenance, and continuous evaluation of Caregiver injury prevention programs. Coordinates and provides assistance to Workplace Violence Prevention and Safety committees throughout assigned network. Includes integrated programs that cross service and/or discipline lines and influences organizational mission, vision, values and strategic priorities. Leads teams across the network to focus on producing improvements in the system standardization, efficiency and effectiveness of caregiver safety.
* Leads the development, implementation, training, and support of the caregiver injury prevention programs within assigned network. Serves as a program champion. Develops plans in alignment with PeaceHealth strategies and priorities. Negotiates project scope, designs the interventions and process change, and coordinates work plans and completion of deliverables.
* Assists in the evaluation of unit lift and fall equipment and usage, to identify areas where outcomes/workflow can be improved.
* Leads teams in system-wide efforts to improve key safety outcomes for safe patient handling, workplace violence and other safety initiatives.
Provides coordination and assistance to Workplace Violence Prevention and Safety Committees throughout the assigned network.
* Works with a group of caregivers to successfully plan and execute projects/programs ensuring alignment with the patient safety priorities of PeaceHealth. Supports caregiver and patient safety projects.
* Presents, educates, and motivates all levels of nursing and hospital staff, including executive level, to facilitate the cultural transformation of the organization to reduction of caregiver injuries.
* Identifies and assesses appropriate equipment to provide ergonomic, non-stressful, assistive devices for the care and movement of our patients. Collaborates with nursing leadership/staffing and other stakeholders in equipment selection.
* Serves as champion and subject matter expert for caregiver injury prevention functions, processes and tools. Organizes and maintains the tools, templates and standard work of these programs.
* Tracks, trends and analyzes injury data to create, enhance, develop and maintain programs. Utilizes ongoing data collection to demonstrate program's progress, impact on caregiver injuries and training needs.
* Participates in developing policy and procedures, comprehensive data collection, tracking, and reporting used to demonstrate outcomes.
* Identifies problem areas for monitoring and evaluation, active in analyzing findings and changing practice based on quality improvement outcomes.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a clinical discipline, human resources or a related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Registered nurse, physical or occupational therapist preferred.
* Minimum of five years of related experience in safety, ergonomics and/or patient injury prevention required.
* Experience with managing complex programs and projects, specifically with a focus on quality improvement activities, and demonstrated successful completion of quality improvement projects with desired outcomes is required.
* Certification in ergonomics is preferred
* If RN or therapist, valid license in state.
* Ability to engage and work well with leadership and clinical staff on improvement work around caregiver safety initiatives.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong presentation and speaking skills
* Ability to lead and inspire individual safety leaders and team.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills to coach and mentor individuals and/or to lead, facilitate, and support safety initiatives within and beyond the organization
* Able to adjust quickly to needs and demands of the safety programs and initiatives
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
* Conflict management and group facilitation skills
* Ability to coordinate multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
* Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio required and competency with other project management software is preferred.
* Ability to frequently travel to other PeaceHealth hospitals and clinics.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Position will require frequent travel to PeaceHealth hospitals and clinics.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email ...@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield -- Business, Administrative & Facilities -- Risk Management & Quality -- Full Time -- HUMAN RESOURCES