Providence is calling a Cook (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, OR.
In this position, you will:
* Provide and oversees the delivery of meal services to patients and hospital visitors.
* Be responsible for following all safe food handling regulations, practices and procedures.
* Serve as a lead for the unit, in the absence of the department manager.
* Help with on-line ordering of food inventory.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid County health Department Food handlers Certificate -or- ServSafe Certification
* Ability to read recipes, write notations, measure, estimate, add and subtract
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Hospital or other professional culinary experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor,introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
\"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.\"
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
Associated topics: cocinera, commercial kitchen, complimentary, food prep, kitchen, persona de parilla, restaurant assistant cook, salad, sandwich, steakhouse